Pearly & Dharm

Friday, December 16, 2005

Smoke get in ur eyes... and out thru ur nose!

Ever experienced chilli so hot that smoke literally comes out of ur nose and perhaps ears too? I had that unfortunate occurence just few days back.

In case u might be wondering, no, i wasn't having that 8-chilli ramen. The culprit was in fact none other than that red cili padi, the ones that i first discovered the potency in Sg! It was really really spicy-hot!! After my meal i realised that my breath felt hot.. not fever-sick hot.. a different kind. That prompted me to place my index finger right below my nostrils, and the exhaled air did feel slightly hot. Wow! That reminded me of comics and cartoons depicting smoke coming out of one's nose or ears. Haha.. funny!

Tips to not ever (again) have that experience:
~ have that sliced chilli one slice at a time (1-2mm).
~ eat slowly (the first slice will not be as spicy as the 3rd or 4th slice - u get the picture).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home